May 13, 2021
LITTLE ART THEATRE
Position: Managing Director Reports to: Board of Trustees
Salary: This position is full-time exempt and the annual salary range is $40,000 – $46,000; Benefits negotiable
About the Little Art Theatre
The Little Art Theatre is among the most recognizable and beloved landmarks in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Well known for its diverse and eclectic programming, the single-screen cinema showcases first-run, independent and foreign films, movie classics, and special events. The 122-seat theatre was established in 1929 and has been a community fixture for over 90 years. The Little Art became a nonprofit organization in 2009 and completed a major renovation in 2013 which ushered the theatre into the digital age but preserved its iconic houselights and vintage marquee.
The Little Art Theatre is seeking a Managing Director who will serve as the “face” of the theatre in patron, donor, friends, and community relations. The Managing Director of the Little Art will also play a key role in the local arts and business community of Yellow Springs. The Managing Director reports to a Board of Trustees who meet monthly.
Functions and responsibilities:
- A strong leader to guide the organization as it reopens and re-establishes its place (post- pandemic) as a significant community and cultural resource. Establish, support, and maintain relationships and partnerships with the Little Art’s
- Oversee the management, operations, and maintenance of the theatre. Hire, train, manage and schedule the projectionists, staff, and volunteers. Maintain or enhance the unique concession
- Plan programming reflecting the theatre’s mission to offer a variety of films, documentaries, and other storytelling venues appropriate to its Yellow Springs
- Develop and implement the theatre’s annual budget, along with short and long-term financial goals, with direct accountability for financial performance.
- Foster partnerships with those supporting the technical and projection equipment critical to the theatre’s
- Serve as lead fundraiser and act as the primary development officer while promoting donor relationships and participating in annual fund drives and other
- Direct and oversee marketing efforts to advertise and to publicize the Little Art
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills are essential. Must be able to interact effectively and appropriately with staff, community members, board members, and
- Previous experience working in the arts and/or with a nonprofit organization is
- Business/retail and financial management experience is highly desirable.
- Competency using Microsoft software with the ability and desire to use and/or learn additional applications (QuickBooks, GiftWorks, POS software, and social media platforms) is
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information (name; address; phone; email) of two professional references in support of your candidacy to: LittleArtsearch@gmail.com
The Little Art Theatre search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Applications must be submitted before June 15, 2021.